If you’ve been diagnosed with cancer, you realize the importance of treating the whole person and not just the disease. At Alaska Regional, you’ll find cancer fighting research, detection, treatment and clinical trials, as well as education and support.
Skilled physicians on our campus specialize in cancer of the colon, lung, breast, prostate, bladder and gynecological cancers. We offer chemotherapy, brachytherapy, radiation therapy, cancer pain management and outpatient infusion. Our surgical robot, the first in the state, is used to treat prostate and gynecological cancers.
The Alaska Regional Hospital Cancer Care Center is accredited by the Commission on Cancer (CoC). Receiving care at a CoC-Accredited Cancer program ensures that you will receive:
- Comprehensive care, including a range of state-of-the-art services and equipment
- A multispecialty, team approach to coordinate the best treatment options.
- Information about ongoing clinical trials and new treatment options. We have actively participated in clinical trials since 1992.
- Access to cancer-related information, education, and support, including a Nurse Navigator Program & Social Services
- A cancer registry that collects data on type and stage of cancers and treatment results and offers lifelong patient follow-up.
Support & Education
We have staff and resources to support you through this journey. An oncology social worker and a cancer care patient navigator help patients traverse the medical system. Let us be your "GPS" to help negotiate the trail ahead. In the Cancer Boutique, we offer wigs and knitted caps, plus a breast boutique for private consultation and fitting resources. We also offer free educational seminars, restorative classes and support groups for patients and their loved ones throughout the year.
Cancer Care Center
Alaska Regional Hospital
Medical Office Building C, Suite 414.